Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Count down to Track day

It may be my imagination and according to Performance Nissan it is but I’m still hearing a slight pre-detonation at low RPM/high gear; e.g. 2400 rpm in 3rd gear. In a week I’ll be having the clutch replaced; details to follow, and at the same time I’ll have my Z shop check the Air/Fuel ratio to ensure its not running lean. If it is, I will need to have that addressed before I take it to the track.

Now the track day I have in mind is more of a performance clinic with an emphasis on car control and driver instruction. They’ll be time spent on a skid pad and hot laps so I need to plan for a full day. The clinic will be held at the Buttonwillow race track in Kern County on October 2nd .

Here are some details of the track




No comments:

Post a Comment