Monday, August 23, 2010

Blackstone Labs Oil Analysis

I just received my oil analysis from Blackstone labs. It’s a great way to assess the wear of your engine by analyzing metallic particulate amounts which are suspended in your engine oil with the various metals representing an inner component of the engine; crank, piston, valve, etc. Consider it blood work for the engine. The results from mine look very good with the only areas of concern being the oil filter and the possibility of sludge. To remedy this, I’m going to be moving to a larger Mobil 1 filter, as recommended by many Z owners and run half a can of Sea Foam in the engine immediately before the oil change. Per the Sea Foam website, " Sea Foam will slowly re-liquefy and suspend contaminants for easy removal". I'll be using Pennzoil's new synthetic, Ultra and in 5000 miles I’ll grab another sample, send it off to Blackstone and see if there’s an improvement.



No comments:

Post a Comment