Tuesday, February 9, 2010

…lil bit faster now.


So the Z is meeting all my expectations. It has great power, balance and styling but as usual I want more; a little bit more edge and less civility. From what I’ve read, it appears that Nissan reserved that rawness for the rare Nismo 350z and even then, tight, balanced and communicative where the adjectives used to describe the vehicle.








When I drive a car I wish for it to communicate to me, be it with steering control or with that seat of my pants feel, here is where the Z scores high marks. Unfortunately on the auditory side of things I’m not feeling the love. Be it cruising at a low RPM on the highway or with moderate open throttle, the result is the same; a mild bump in tone but nothing too offensive. Oh how I crave for the bark of a flat-six or the rumble of a V8.
The fix for this dilemma was resolved somewhat accidentally as I had recently purchased one of the best bangs for the buck in performance upgrades; a Jim Wolf Technologies Pop-Charger. This wonderful little device has been proven over and over again to provide a real world increase in horse-power to the rear wheels, of somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-11HP between 2500-3900 RPM and 12-16HP between 4500-5200 RPM. The install was a breeze and the improvements where noticeably immediate. Throttle response was more immediate and for the first mile or two I had to relearn how aggressive I should be. As mentioned the increase in power comes with a nice growl and whistle. Now with the music on and the pedal down I can hear the engine exhibit the nessasary growl that I crave. Even better, drop down a gear and from 5000rpm to redline the engine just screams. Next up a slight mode on the other side of things; Exhaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment