Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Auto-X


As mentioned previously, hitting the track will be one of my goals with the “Z”. Last week I visited the SCCA SOLO II event held at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. I didn’t plan on racing but I did want to get a feel for the event so to gauge the general culture of the participants as well as to get a feel for the safety standards. I was greatly impressed on all accounts; the participants were extremely warm and welcoming and I was invited to ride along with one of the competitors, Mark, in his Porsche 914. The car screamed through the corners and was extremely impressive as it flew through the cones. Many thanks Mark! Here are some pictures of the event.

The RX-8’s license plate says it all! Click the picture below to see what it says.




Lining up for our run. The Subi wagon could really move.




Here's a short video of our run. The quality is not the best but it captures the intricacy of the
track.







No comments:

Post a Comment