Thursday, March 10, 2011

Drumrole, please





So where do I begin? After dodging the stalk for 40 plus years, my time has come; Yup, I’m going to be a dad! My little dude will be arriving on May 21st of this year and I can’t wait. With that good news, I’ve come to the realization that a two seater sports car may not be in the cards. So I’m going to have to bid adieu to my project Z and find a ride with similar sporting attributions but with a back seat and user friendly, make that infant friendly, trunk. The options are wide open; I could stick to a tried and tested Nissan product and purchase a 4-seater version of a Z; the G35 coupe, a very capable machine if rather portly or go back to rotary power and find myself in the great handling, albeit somewhat anemic RX-8. Then there’s my favorite front-wheel drive classic, the VW GTI and the track/street standard, the BMW 3-series. I’ve also seen some rather good deals on Audi S4s but the cost of ownership as well as a rather thirsty V8 has me on the sidelines. Well the hunt is on for the next track/street toy; target day somewhere before the holidays so I’m in no immediate hurry as we are focusing on the wife’s car first; she has to give up her convertible Saab 9-3, moving to a Saab 9-3 Sportscombi…she is far from happy…. Hey it looks cool, right?

2 comments:

  1. ahem...cough..3 Series!!...cough... Congratulations again, looking forward to the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate. See you on Saturday ;-)

    ReplyDelete